All Clubs must submit their teams to the WBA by Tuesday night.
If you haven't confirmed your teams intent to play and the night of play/grade required please do so ASAP
Aussie Hoops Registrations are now open!!
Please follow the link below.
There will be 2 programs being run:
1st - 5-6 y.o.
2nd - 7-9 y.o.
After a few weeks we may move kids up or down so they are in the correct ability group.
As previously stated this program runs within school terms.
Age is determined as at the 1st day of term 4.
Thus you must be at least 5 on the 14/10/19 to register for term 4.
If your child has a FIBA number(has played before) please use that to register. Don't create a new profile. keep your username and password as you will need it every term to re register.
Once you select a program and are into the registration process there are are 2 choices, either a "New " or "Returning" participant.
Selecting new means you are requesting to purchase the participant pack, ball, reversible Aussie Hoops uniform and a drink bottle, etc. The cost of this is $30 which is a good price!!
"This is not compulsory", if you have a uniform and your own ball already then you may choose to register as a "returning participant" and save yourself $30.
Online payment is compulsory, you can't register successfully without making the final payment.
You will receive a confirmation email on completion.
Any questions or problems please inbox us.
Spread to word to your friends that don't have face book!
With clubs heavily into the registratuion process for Summer her are some user tips.
When registering this season returning members are asked to use the same login details as previously, even when changing clubs. Every time you login as a new member or use a different email it creates a duplicate entry which stays in the system forever.
Like me if you have stuffed up and have more than 1 profile/Fiba member number always use the same one (the top one). Your payment transaction history is linked to these member numbers so if you keep using different logins the system thinks you haven't paid and will OVER CHARGE you.
If you can't remember the email address you used, contact your club they can get that info for you.
WBA was hoping to have the Aussie Hoops Registration portal set up this week. But the Basketball Australia Program administrator is on holiday so that won't happen till next week some time.
Some more FAQ's
AH is run separately over each school term. WBA can choose how many weeks per term it will be run.
Term 4 will be 10 weeks
Term 1 will be 5 weeks(till the end of our season)
Term 2 will be 10 weeks
Term 3 AH won't run as that is our Win - Sum break.
AH cost for term 4 will be an online payment of $60 fee.
There are no club fees, affiliation cost or weekly admission fees so this is effectively less than half the previous cost to play.
The AH starter pack with basketball, singlet,etc will be sold at cost price of $30.
Any body recognise this pimply faced kid?
Photo from Whyalla carnival 2001
WBA entry level (U8's-U10's) participation has been dropping for the last few years. WBA are taking action to address this by implementing the Nationally Accredited Aussie Hoops Program. The fine detail is is still being nutted out but here is an overview of what we know now.
• Aussie Hoops is BA run nationally supported program.
• AH promises structured player & coach development with statistically proven performance outcomes.
• AH has accessible online resources for coordinators, coaches and parents.
• Other major codes are successfully running similar programs.
• To start with we are targeting 6-8 year olds.
• Children eligible for U10's but not ready for the rigors of full rules basketball may choose to enter AH instead of the U10 comp. All new players should consider this option.
• U8's that develop quickly to a level where they are ready to play "proper" BBAll may at any point register to play in U10's. HOWEVER they must understand that U10's is full rules!
• There will be 1 AH session per week. Less commitment required for busy parents.
• Each session will be 60mins, it is not a basketball game!
• Format is likely to be 40min structured training and an informal fun 15-20min game at the end of each session.
• AH program will be a officially WBA run. You do not register with a club.
• BUT the program won't work without club support. It's in the clubs best interest to help & be seen at these sessions.
• We also need and encourage parents to get involved.
• Importantly we have secured 2 coordinators to run the program.
• Its estimated the cost for families to participate in this program will be much less than half that of the current format.
• There will be no door entry fee.
Stay tuned for more more updates.
Congratulations to all our winter premiers!
Both nights went well with good crowds and exciting games.
The Men's and Women's A grade games went to script Wildcats taking out the Men's and Demons the Women's fianls. Both were undefeated all year however both were challenged on the night neither had it their own way which made an entertaining spectacle for the crowd.
So for now another season is done and dusted but its important to acknowledge basketball (or any sport for that matter) doesn't happen by accident. Many thanks must go to all our Court Supervisors, Gate Keepers, Referee's, coaches scorers, Canteen Staff, Bar Staff, Cleaners, Committee, etc members for their efforts without these people we have no basketball.
Hope to see everyone back for Summer.
Massive thank you to Jo, Deb and Fiona for another massive day with the Eyre Peninsula SAPSSA day. Worked all day in the canteen and all back out here in various capacity’s friday night.
Our association runs on these sorts of people.
Thanks to Sean Sheedy for recognising the Ladies for their efforts and buying them a great bunch of flowers.
Ladies we would be lost without you all, thanks for everything you guys do.